Saturday, October 18, 2008

What's Cooking in the Library Media Center?

Pride Falcons must love to cook because Cookbooks are some of the most popular books in our library!

Cookbooks are informational, or non-fiction, books. They can be found in the 600 section of the Dewey Decimal System and have often have the call number 641.5. We have a nice collection of cookbooks, the most popular by far being the Star Wars Cookbooks. Here are some of our brand new cookbooks.

Ratatouille What's Cooking? A Cookbook for Kids published by Disney Pixar. This Ratatouille themed cookbook includes recipes like Gusteau's Ratatouille, Chocolate Rats, and Remy's Famous Omlets! A fun cookbook w/recipes that are simply and easy to prepare with just a few ingredients.
Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook: Recipes Ispired by Dr. Seuss! by Georgeanne Brennan. This cookbook is just what you would expect...fun and zany! The recipes are a little more difficult than those in the Ratatouille cookbook, but how could you resist Noodle-Eating-Poodle Noodles or Yot in the Pot?
Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Cool Kids' Cooking by Sandra Lee. This cookbook has it all! Sandra Lee teaches you how to read a recipe, all about kitchen gadgets and includes a section on healthy foods! Some of the recipes in this book fit into these fun categories...brainy breaks, sleepovers, movie munchies and dynamite drinks!
Kids Cook 1-2-3: Recipes for Young Chefs Using Only 3 Ingredients by Rozanne Gold. This cookbook is full of simple and delicious recipes for you to try using only THREE ingredients! A few of the yummy recipes in this book are Puffy Maple Pancake, Chicken Oooh-la-la and Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Cake. Mmmm!
I hope you will come by the library and check out one of these great new books or take a look at our coookbook collection!
And remember the rule:
If you check out a cookbook you must cook something for the librarian.
I wonder why no one ever believes me when I tell them this is a rule?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Cotton i'm so happy that you are my librarian.I'll miss you next year,but i'm happy you made this site.( i think i spelled librarian wrong but o well) I am happy about our field trip.

well bye!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs Cotten,

I am going to check out a cook book sometime, and dont worry i will make you something yummy to eat!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs.COttOn / tHanks for bE!nG oUr liLbRian cuz If u WaS nOt thEn We woULD NoT bE lEaRNiNg cUz yOuR My fAv teacher thanks i will m!SS You next year........... love jerykah

Anonymous said...

MRS.CONTTON you are the best in the whole skool you are funny and i hate to leave you next year but i have to go to BMS it sounds fun to me you are the best!!!


taliyah

Anonymous said...

i cheacked out a cook book once and i begged my mom to let me cook something for you but she said no.
:(

kendall said...

I love to cook! I will look for some cook books in the libary! I will be trying new foods!