Monday, October 6, 2008

Do you know Mo?

I love author/illustsrator Mo Willems! Now I've never actually met Mo, but he did sign a book for me once (thanks to Ms. Eliassen) and he even called me his "pal"! Mo and I are pals! How cool is that?

I'm certain our students are familiar with this award winning author's work. Mo Willems books include: Knufflebunny, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog, Leonard the Terrible Monster, the Elephant and Piggie series and many more.

I've read many of Mo Willem's booksaloud to students in every grade from Kindergarten through 5th...and they seem to get almost as big of a kick from these books as I do! The books are short, easy to read and...well, they're silly, goofy and kooky(especially the Pigeon books).


You can visit the Pigeon online if you go here. And you can learn more about Mo Willems by heading to this page.

One of my new favorites by Mr. Willems is about Edwina, a dinosaur who doesn't realize that dinosaurs are extinct. No one else seems to notice except for Reginald Von Hoobie-Doobie. Reginald goes on a quest to prove that Edwina is extinct!

As important as it is to read books that teach, enlighten and make us think, sometimes a good giggle is just what we need! Visit the library media center and get your hands on these giggle-inducing books!

~Mrs. Cotton

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD BOOKS! :)

Destiney S. said...

I love the booksand pumkins,I think their wonderful.

kendall.w said...

I cant wait to rea the book!I love dinosaurs! I think there very interesting. exspecialy extinct animals.