Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My favorite books for adults

The following post was contributed by Mrs. Leigh Baldwin. We miss you, Mrs. Baldwin!

Here are a few great parenting resources that I have used and shared shared with many families:

How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Faber & Mazlish. Excellent book on communicating with children and teens. Clearly written and easy to read. Contains very useful and practical advice.

The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children: Parenting From the Heart by Vannoy. A very inspirational and uplifting resource.

SOS Handbook for Parents by Lynn Clark and 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Thomas Phelan. These two books contain very helpful suggestions for managing children’s behavior. I think they are best for those with elementary-age children.

On a different note…
For a fun book that really makes you think, I recommend The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the 21st Century. This is an intriguing book about globalization…an all around great read!

-Leigh Baldwin

No comments: